On the Verge
A one-day conference on Learning Disability and the Main Stage...read more...
How do we open up our main stages to Learning Disabled performers?
How do we build structures of support that encourage Learning Disabled Artists to flourish?
How do we ensure Learning Disability is central to the diversity debate?
Are we 'on the verge' of a breakthrough?
Confirmed speakers include Lyn Gardner (The Guardian), Erica Whyman (Director, RSC), Charlotte Bevan (Director of Creative Diversity, National Theatre), Henry Normal (Writer and Comedian), Sarah Gordy (Performer), Richard Hayhow and BecauseWeCanCanCan and Ben Pettit-Wade (Hijinx Theatre).
Who is it for?
- Artists with experience of living with Learning Disability
- Professionals working in those contexts
- Programmers interested in their diversity reach#
- Arts workers working in other Special Needs settings
- Casting Directors
- Bridge Organisations
- Heads of Departments and managers from all areas of expertise, e.g. front of house, marketing, administration
- Arts Policy makers and influencers.
Â£75 for first delegate.
Â£50 for subsequent delegates from the same organisation.
(Includes a ticket for the Relaxed Performance of The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time on Mon 3 July).
Book now by calling Ticket Sales on 0844 338 5000