We are looking to recruit from a diverse range of creative individuals.
This offer seeks to find a balance between contracting arts professionals, and supporting other creative individuals or projects who are able to deliver something special to our event.
We would like artists, creative teams and projects that are highly motivated and have experience of working in a community setting. We are prioritising artists local to West Midlands but are willing to consider those from further afield.
1. Art Installations
We are seeking beautiful, intriguing and potentially interactive outdoor art installations which could be featured throughout the town park. These may be new creations that are site specific or existing pieces. It could be that they develop throughout the event with contributions from participants.
We are happy for you to use the event to promote and if appropriate sell your work to others. We would suggest that the pieces are in situation on the day as the park is an open public space and work erected before this could be liable to vandalism
If you do require a contribution we are willing to discuss this but please make it clear in your proposal.
2. Arts, Crafts, Performance and other arts based Workshops
We would like to have a variety of artists offering creative and fun activities to the public.
Please remember this is a large park and outdoors we can not predict the weather! If you will require a marquee, gazebo, tables, chairs, flooring etc please specify this in your proposal.
Depending on your proposal we may be asking the public to pay Â£1 for your workshop and will split the takings with you 70% to you 30% to us.
Other workshops may require a contribution from us and this would need to be put in your proposal.
3. Artists and Makers
We are also looking for artists to create spectacular and large scale puppets, sculptures or something purely imaginative that will be able to move around the park and create our carnival like atmosphere.
We are looking in particular for artists to work with schools and other groups but will consider proposals that just bring something magical.
Please also make clear in your proposal the contributions you would be expecting, number or days and requirements from our team.
How to apply
- A written proposal of no more than 2 sides detailing your ideas and additional photos
- Please let us know of all your requirements
- Let us know if you intend to do two days or just one
- Please provide two referees
- Closing date Thursday 25th April 2013
- All proposals will be considered, successful proposals will be notified end of May.
- Telford town park website www.telfordtownpark.co.uk
- Further information please email email@example.com or ring 01952 382 366.
- The successful candidates may be subject to a DBS check
Applications to be sent by email firstname.lastname@example.org