Curatorial Commission CallAll Projects
DASH Curatorial Commission Project - call for applications
Midlands Arts Centre (MAC) has teamed up with DASH to offer a unique curatorial residency programme for an artist/curator who self identifies as a Deaf or Disabled person.
The Curatorial Commission Project, the first of its kind in the UK, will give the successful candidate the opportunity to draw upon the expertise and mentoring of specialist curators across the whole of MAC's artistic spectrum. The successful candidate will experience the day-to-day business of running a creative programme, opportunity to contribute to the development of a dynamic arts organisation and curate a major
Divided into three parts the Curatorial Resident will spend at least:
- 3 months learning about the practices of working as a curator within MAC
- 3 months developing and working up ideas under the mentorship of Jessica Litherland; Producer – Visual Arts at MAC
- 6 months developing and delivering an agreed curatorial project at MAC
Both MAC and DASH are committed to giving the highest possible training opportunities, support and professional development pathways within the Curatorial Commissions Project.
The successful applicant will be offered:
- Curator's fee fixed at £12,000
- Curator's expenses a maximum of £5,000
- £8,000 towards exhibition costs
For further information and details of how to apply see the word document below.