Call for Artists: AWARD 2023
AWARD is the British Ceramics Biennial’s headline exhibition. It is a prestigious exhibition formed from an open submission that celebrates the vitality of contemporary ceramics practice in the UK.
They invite applications from UK-based individual practitioners, collaborators or collectives who use clay as their primary creative material. What are the ambitions of AWARD?
- To celebrate artists at a critical moment in their practice.
- To platform ambition and creative risk taking within contemporary ceramics.
- To acknowledge the talent and achievements of those advancing contemporary practice.
- To be diverse and inclusive, reflecting the richness of ceramics practice. • To consider and explore the environmental impact of ceramics practice. What do the shortlisted artists receive?
Each of the ten selected artists will receive £1,000 towards the exhibition of their selected work as part of the flagship AWARD exhibition at the 2023 BCB festival (held in Stoke-on-Trent).
- AWARD exhibitors will benefit from a national PR and marketing campaign, curatorial support, programme management support and one-way (return) transport of exhibits.
- The AWARD winner will receive a cash prize of £10,000 and a place on the 2025 AWARD selection panel.
- The AWARD winner will be invited to exhibit in the 2025 BCB festival and they will benefit from additional marketing.
To find out more visit the British Ceramic Biennial website.
Deadline: Midnight (GMT), 12 October 2022