Upcoming festival at Birmingham Hippodrome, Summer in Southside, Sat 13 Jul & Sun 14 Jul
Upcoming festival at Birmingham Hippodrome, Summer in Southside, which has a range accessible performances and access provisions. The festival itself is a family friendly weekend celebrating 50 years since the first moon landings! The streets of Southside around the theatre will be transformed into a lunar landscape for a whole weekend packed with performances, installations and extra-terrestrial antics from a list of ‘out of this world’ acts. More about the festival and the acts can be found here
Birmingham Hippodrome is committed to a policy of access for all – to ensure that all festival productions and the venue itself is as accessible as possible for all our visitors. At the festival we will have:
· An Access Hub set up and sign posted at the front of Birmingham Hippodrome, on Hurst Street.
· Audio Described performances.
· BSL signed performances.
· Accessible viewing areas within the site.
· Assistance for visually impaired people or people with mobility issues.
· Large print and easy read programmes.
· Transcript and sensory objects provided for particular shows.
· Wheelchair accessible portion of the bar.
· Relaxed/ sensory space.
· Accessible toilets.