We Want Your Dada Ideas!
Join us on 2 July when DASH, DAO, 31 disabled artists and 30 museums and galleries celebrate the 102nd anniversary of the first Dada International Exhibition in Berlin as part of the DASH project; We Are Invisible, We Are Visible.
Disabled Artists will perfom interventions at galleries across Britain and Northern Ireland in an ambitious, 1 day only event. #WAIWAV
We are looking for 102 ways to mark this momentous occasion, all in the spirit of Dada.
Tell us your ideas to celebrate by emailing DASH.
Don’t forget to include any images of your Dada inspired celebrations.
Why not join in the fun and release your inner Dada.
Ideas for how to get involved:
- My Dada inspired celebration will be to collage a hair slide with dada dada and then wear it all day, as I travel around Birmingham. I will also pop into the Ikon on that day. Helen Grundy
- Using dictionaries in language, cut out words at random. Once you have a pile of words, put them through a garden sieve and use the first word through as the starting point for a costume. Catherine Wynne-Paton
- I shall be posting a self portrait with the words Dada hand drawn with in it several times throughout the day on my social media. Tanya Raabe-Webber
- ArtStudio0nLine collective will create a Dada collage and will post it on the day on social media
- Artist Amanda Lynch is joining the 102nd Anniversary celebrations. She is calling for artists to share art, writing and performances on Saturday 2nd July as part of 'The Other Intervention'.
Follow the instagram hashtag #Theotherintervention for details.
Let the rejects go.
- Share the DASH social media posts about We Are Invisible We Are Visible … of course. Give a special mention to events near you.
Download the document below for more inspiration.
Get in touch to share your ideas: email@example.com or
share on social media with the tags #WAIWAV @DASH_ARTS